So I got to sleep in my new bed last night (Modus Furniture 5PC Queen Bedroom Set Nouveau II and PosturePedic Sterlingshire Firm Queen Set) and here are my initial impressions:
- The height of the bed was not as bad as I originally thought it would be. If I tippy-toe and lift up one leg, I appear to be able to slide into the bed without much problem. Derek did tell me that he had a similar height problem with his bed and ended up removing the box spring and he hasn’t had problems with his mattress warping, though he does rotate it every once in awhile. Tekman apparently also removed the box spring, but doesn’t bother rotating the mattress to keep it from warping.
- The mattress was rather comfortable. It did initially feel strange and foreign, but I fell asleep with not much problems.
- The bed is definitely too wide or maybe sleeping in the center wasn’t the ideal location. When the alarm went off this morning, my hands couldn’t reach the snooze button. Maybe that’s a good thing.
- It definitely felt weird waking up in a different room. The lighting also wasn’t correct, but I can’t really pinpoint why since the lighting in the other room changes a lot.
- Pikachu definitely likes the new bed. He has more space to run around when I’m not around.
All in all, I’m quite satisfied 🙂