Here’s a compilation of the new music I enjoy:
- 3OH!3 – Don’t Trust Me
- Incubus – Love Hurts
- MGMT – Kids
- Kevin Rudolf Ft. Lil Wayne – Let It Rock
- Linkin Park – Leave Out All The Rest
- Nickelback – Gotta Be Somebody
- The Killers – Human
- Code Geass R2 OST – Madder Sky
- Shiny Toy Guns – Ricochet!
- The Airborne Toxic Event – Sometime Around Midnight (I always found it funny when the radio host announces this song, because it always sounds like they referring to the time)
- Fall Out Boy – I Don’t Care
- The Offspring – You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid (When I first heard this song on the radio, I thought they were singing: You’re going to Fuck It)
- Santogold – L.E.S. Artistes
- Secondhand Serenade – Fall For You
- M.I.A. – Paper Planes
Another new song I enjoy is Framing Hanley’s cover of Lil Wayne – Lollipop. You can listen to it here: Framing Hanley – Lollipop. It’s basically a Rock/Alternative version of the original song, which I prefer. Then again, I’ve always enjoyed Rock/Alternative music more.
Have you guys heard of the new T.I. / Rihanna song: T.I. feat Rihanna – Live Your Life. I first heard it on the radio and thought, “Hey, it’s that Dragostea Tin Dei song by O-Zone!” Then they started to sing and rap in English and I was confused. Song’s decent, but I’m not really much of a rap fan, even if you add numa numa and ma-ya-hi, ma-ya-hu, ma-ya-ho, ma-ya-ha ha into the song.
Anyway, this topic came up again when I was in Oren’s car when the radio started playing Dragostea Tin Dei, but completely in English and in a female voice. Oren knew of an English version of the song, but it was sang by same group, which is comprised of men. The English version was pretty much a flop.
But the song we heard was apparently another remake: Alina – When You Leave (Numa Numa) (Basshunter Remix). Not bad, especially considering that Alina is a Super Hot Romanian model.