- Why you should always sleep with a Teddy bear http://i.imgur.com/uIuZ3.jpg #
- Happy Fluffy Clouds http://buttersafe.com/2011/06/16/happy-fluffy-clouds/ #
- For all the fathers out there, Happy Father's Day! http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20110619 #
- Tigger fans may like today's TeeFury: http://www.teefury.com/ #
- Did you know that "under god" was not part of the original Pledge of Allegiance till it was added in 1950s by Eisenhower? #
- @aChrisSmith @ellism @ryandjohnson There was a interesting article: Why Do You Care if Critics Hate the Movies You Like? http://t.co/SNVvKmw in reply to aChrisSmith #
- Deep fried Kool-aid! http://bit.ly/mvvdP3 #
- This is cool! http://on.mash.to/lmCXnd Gallery: http://bit.ly/mOVRJR #
- Minority Report technology has arrived: http://oblong.com/ #
- @dagrz Does your site support wildcards (e.g. email@example.com or *@mydomain.com)? #
- @rothgar I have the same feeling for liking some company's Facebook page. 🙂 in reply to rothgar #
- Friends on Android, enjoy Cut The Rope for FREE: http://bit.ly/mlly6R Really cute and fun game. #
- Nonstop high speed trains sounds interesting: http://on.mash.to/jJut0w Though I can't help but think of all the problems that can happen. #
- @lroseriver Sounds like you need a tub of ice cream 😀 in reply to lroseriver #
- browser wars: http://shoze.blogspot.com/2011/06/brorwser-wars.html #cute #
I just got this email through our HOA group email and just by reading the title, I knew what it was going to be about.
Explosive thrown on my deck last night
Last night at around 11:30pm I heard as if something hit my window or wall and then heard a bang. There was visible smoke on the deck and it smelled like smoke. Upon closer inspection, I found leftovers from a small explosive (photo attached).
This is very scary and I do not feel safe in this neighborhood anymore. I couldn’t sleep for a long time last night and did not get enough sleep as a result which is ruining my weekend. The Board advised I should call the police which I will do next time (I might still report this incident too).
This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I hope this is just some kid playing a bad joke rather than a targeted harassment. If anyone’s children were out last night, please talk to them.
What I didn’t expect was how seriously they took the incident. It’s very clear to me some kids got ahold of fireworks and it landing on the porch was probably accidental. Explosive? Harassment? Couldn’t sleep? Ruined Weekend? Seriously?!? Sigh…
: OMG seriously?!?!?
Police came over and found a few more scraps of the illegal firework on my deck. They said it’s the type of fireworks that gets out of control and can land anywhere if malfunctioning. Luckily it landed on the concrete part of my patio a couple of inches away from the rug and plants. It could have easily burned my rug if it landed at a wrong spot or hurt me if I was there.
Police requested if anyone saw or heard anything last night or knows something, please report it.
- @ralphlee I think even if you breaded salmon and deep fried it, it'd still be healthy ;p in reply to ralphlee #
- @ralphlee Too bad it'll only be a one-time use. It'd end up in pieces soon after it goes off for the 1st time. ;p in reply to ralphlee #
- @hjo3 Definitely way better than your old one. I'm surprised you still have to label it though. ;p in reply to hjo3 #
- Psychoanalysis, making people believe they have problems since 1890. I personally love being a kid (^_^x) http://t.co/KZS4W87 #
They say you think up the most random and interesting thoughts during showers. While I was taking a shower and scribbling random Chinese characters on my glass door, I drew a 目(which means eyes, but not literally). Somehow that got me to thinking of all the Chinese drama I’ve seen and it was common for many to use the phrase muk cin (mu qian in Mandarin) which from context I gather to mean, in front of us (usually referring to decisions leading to different paths). For some reason I had always associated that as 木前, which would translate to in front of wood. That never did make much sense to me. Haven’t really thought about it in a long time, but some how things clicked and I realized the actual phrase should be 目前 which would mean in front of our eyes. Now it makes a lot more sense.
I guess the best translation I can come up with in English is: from what I can see
Interesting… 目的 also uses 目. 目的 translates to goal/destination. I wonder how those 2 characters came about to mean that…
: Upon further consideration, I think I figured out why 目的 came to mean objective/goal. 目的 literally translates to eye’s (possessive form of eye). I guess what you have your eyes set on is your objective. (-_^x)
Perfect example of why side by side browsing would be useful!
Just a random thought, but browsers should have side by side browsing.
Maybe it’s just me, but how often do you open 2 separate browser windows so you can look at 2 separate pages simultaneously. With our giant screens these days, it’s often a waste of screen estate just to have the browser take up the whole screen, given that most websites are better viewed in portrait mode. These days, I usually just snap my browser to the left or right side.
I think web searches are the best argument for my feature request.
When I do a web search and don’t see what I’m looking for immediately (e.g. sample code on how to do something), I open a few of the results in new tabs and then go through them. If I don’t find what I want, I go back to the results and open a few more.
Imagine instead of opening all the results in a new tab or always hitting back to get back to the search results, clicking on a search result would snap the search results to the left of the browser, and open a new browser view on the right. Therefore, you can quickly go onto the next search result without having to switch taps or go back to the previous page.
I’m not sure if both the left/right browser views should be of the same size. Having both views have the same size works great for comparing 2 pages, but having one as a side bar (e.g. Firefox’s bookmark/history or the new Windows 8 side by side mode), wouldn’t be bad either. Or maybe let the user decide and be able to change the widths on the spot.
Other features that would be neat if it came along with this:
- If I clicked on a link and it pointed to a different domain, the side by side feature would automatically kick in.
- Have a new target (e.g. _side) that people can add to their html, like what they have done for _blank, _top, etc.
- History should remember the side by side views.
- We can even designate a mouse/keyboard command to open the link as a side view. (e.g. opening in a new tab can currently be triggered by middle click or CTRL+left click)
- There should also be a easy way to quickly switch which view is on which side, especially if one view is much wider than the other.
Just another random thought I had that would be cool if it came to existence.
- @ellism Most clients have a hotkey you can hit which will shorten any links you have. in reply to ellism #
- Has anyone used the Arc Keyboard http://bit.ly/kS0qZm Thoughts? I want a compact keyboard with the home, end, and delete keys for Windows. #
- #ThingsThatDidntUsedToAnnoyMeUntilRyanPointedItOut How far my right hand moves from keyboard to mouse on a traditional keyboard. #
- @hjo3 Yeah, I'm looking for a compact keyboard. I'm currently using the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000, but want to try something smaller. in reply to hjo3 #
- I hate it when I'm leaving a voice mail and forget what my own cell # is. Then I say, I'll call back again to leave my correct phone #. #
- http://redd.it/hq1ld http://redd.it/hpvig Haha! Maybe I should avoid Tyson. #CostcoRules #
- @github I hit an post-receive failure after pushing and my newest commits aren't showing up on the website: http://bit.ly/j3jb8L #
- @ryandjohnson Something similar happen to my brother, where his Win7 became unactivated. I believe he reactivated it using the same key. in reply to ryandjohnson #
- Have domains registered @GoDaddy? 31% off including renewals. Code: gdz612m http://bit.ly/l5LkI1 #