WARNING: You may be disgusted by the following post or may be screaming TMI!!! by the end of this post.
So I was reading this blog post the other day: How to Use Toilet Paper and I’ve never realized there were so many different methods to wipe your butt.
Running Out of Toilet Paper
I personally put a new roll of toilet paper on the top of each toilet in case of emergencies. That way I won’t be tempted to use it and when I do run out of toilet paper from the toilet paper roll dispenser, I just swap in the extra roll. Worse case scenario is if I forget to replace the replacement afterwards, I have extra rolls inside the cabinets underneath the sink. It does require further reach though.
Fold vs Crumble
I’ve personally never heard of the “crumble” method until I read this article. I was always taught to use the fold method as a child (I guess it was part of the potty training I received). I was told to only use 4 pieces of toilet paper to conserve toilet paper and not waste it. However, sometimes they’re too thin and I need 5 or 6 sheets to prevent accidentally poking through. I asked my sister and apparently she was taught the crumble method (guess my dad and mom use different methods for wiping), but she’s swapped over to the fold method to conserve toilet paper also. I personally don’t mind actually touching poop. I mean why is it so bad to touch it when you’re satisfied with just wiping your butt without actually washing it. Worse case, just wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterwards.
I agree, if you have a poop-phobia, the crumble method may suit you better.
Front vs Back
Another thing is I’ve always wiped my butt reaching in from the front. It’s just another thing I’ve been taught. I was reading some comments and how people are afraid of actually having poop touch their genitals, but it’s been 25 years and I don’t recall one incidence of that happening. And even if it does, please see the previous paragraph. My problem with reaching from the back is that I actually have to scoot forward and make a hole behind me that’s big enough for me to stick my hands in. Then again, I guess I was just taught to sit back and relax when taking a dump. I still recall the times I would sit in there for hours reading Goosebumps and by the time I realize there’s a big red circle around my bottom (from sitting on the toilet seat too long), the poop around my butt has already hardened and has become painful to wipe.
Just got a notice that Pidgin v2.4.1 was released. According to the changelog:
Treat AIM Unicode messages as UTF-16 rather than UCS-2; this should have no functional effect, other than continued support on systems which have dropped UCS-2 conversions.
As I noted, it was a major blocker for me to fully adopt Pidgin, but I guess they got the message from all the feedback they have been receiving. I just gave the new version a whirl, and it has indeed fixed AIM Unicode support.
Got this via RSS feed earlier this week:
Guitar Hero III®: Legends of Rock will be kicking off the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with a special free track pack from the popular Celtic punk band Dropkick Murphys.
Straight from the band’s sixth album, The Meanest of Times, the Dropkick Murphys pack will include master recordings of “Famous for Nothing,” “(F)lannigan’s Ball” and “Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya.” The track pack will be available for free to download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock downloadable content is instantly playable and available in the Downloaded Songs set list in ALL game modes (Career, Co-Op Career, Quickplay, Multiplayer, Practice and all Online modes). Check out the Marketplace regularly for the latest tracks.
It mentioned that it was free to starting from St. Patrick’s Day, but doesn’t mention any expiration date, so I’m going to assume this isn’t just some limited time promotion. Enjoy!
So I got to sleep in my new bed last night (Modus Furniture 5PC Queen Bedroom Set Nouveau II and PosturePedic Sterlingshire Firm Queen Set) and here are my initial impressions:
- The height of the bed was not as bad as I originally thought it would be. If I tippy-toe and lift up one leg, I appear to be able to slide into the bed without much problem. Derek did tell me that he had a similar height problem with his bed and ended up removing the box spring and he hasn’t had problems with his mattress warping, though he does rotate it every once in awhile. Tekman apparently also removed the box spring, but doesn’t bother rotating the mattress to keep it from warping.
- The mattress was rather comfortable. It did initially feel strange and foreign, but I fell asleep with not much problems.
- The bed is definitely too wide or maybe sleeping in the center wasn’t the ideal location. When the alarm went off this morning, my hands couldn’t reach the snooze button. Maybe that’s a good thing.
- It definitely felt weird waking up in a different room. The lighting also wasn’t correct, but I can’t really pinpoint why since the lighting in the other room changes a lot.
- Pikachu definitely likes the new bed. He has more space to run around when I’m not around.
All in all, I’m quite satisfied 🙂
Going through my photos, I found this one to be rather neat: